Allison has built a strong practice in complex fraud, corruption and confiscation cases. She specialises in advising major corporate clients on criminal law issues and acting in complex market frauds. Allison has considerable knowledge and experience of corporate criminal liability and first hand experience in deferred prosecution agreements.
“Has a very strong claim to be simply the best junior fraud lawyer in the market. She has an extraordinary eye for detail and an immense work ethic.” Chambers UK 2018
Recommended in 2018 as Band 1 in financial crime – Chambers UK
Recommended in 2017 as leading fraud junior and leading business and regulatory crime investigations junior – Chambers and Partners and Legal 500
“Really strong intellectually and the master of her brief” Chambers UK 2017
Allison’s wealth of experience and intellectual rigour combined with sound commercial judgement makes her well placed to represent corporate entities and individuals in respect of all white collar crimes.
• Advises large corporate clients on fraud and corruption related issues (Lloyds Banking Group and UBS).
• In 2016 secured early acquittal for banker in multi million pound ‘rogue trader’ case.
• Defended £10m land banking fraud, large pharmaceutical cartel fraud and investment fraud.
• Counsel in first UK Deferred Prosecution Agreement and Rolls Royce DPA.
• Currently acting in large corruption investigation.
• Judicial Review and related civil proceedings linked to large fraud investigations.
• Prosecuted for the Financial Conduct Authority, Serious Fraud Office, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, SOCA legal, CPS Organised Crime and CPS Fraud Prosecution Division.
• Acts for General Medical Council and OFGEM in regulatory cases.
Fraud and Business Crime
Allison has specialised in fraud, corruption and corporate crime over the last 15 years. “She takes a sound commercial attitude”, taking into consideration business objectives and culture.
Allison’s wealth of experience combined with her judgement on business and client personal needs makes for a dynamic barrister, well placed to represent on all white collar crimes.
CorruptionComplex Markets FraudsFraud/General Corporate CrimeRegulatoryConfiscation
- Acting for Lloyds Banking Group in their capacity as a third party in large ongoing fraud and corruption case.
- Junior counsel in the first ever UK Deferred Prosecution Agreement (failure of corporate to prevent bribery).
- Junior counsel in Rolls Royce DPA.
- Advising SFO in large corruption investigation.
- Advised corporate client on overseas corruption/self reporting issues.
- Defended former Credit Suisse Trader in multi million pound trading fraud.
- Acted for UBS in R v Adoboli rogue trader case.
- Experience in exchange traded funds, futures trading, misleading the market and other complex markets frauds.
- Defended £10m land banking fraud, large pharmaceutical cartel fraud and investment fraud.
- Other experience includes fraudulent trading, money laundering, arms trading, defrauding public authorities, investment frauds, energy procurement frauds, metal trading frauds, Companies Act and Insolvency Act offences.
- Advised Attorney General of Jersey upon public interest immunity application within JR proceedings and right of AG to intervene. Case involved Articles 29-31 of the Proceeds of Crime (Jersey) Law 1999 re commission of offence where material disclosed without the consent of the Attorney General.
- Allison acts for the General Medical Council in fitness to practice cases including health, conduct and clinical cases.
- Advised The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (OFGEM) as part of complex criminal investigation in relation to the supply of electricity within industrial setting and possible commission of offences.
- Acted for SFO as leading junior in confiscation proceedings arising out of the multi-million pound Imperial Consolidated Group Investment fraud.
- Confiscation proceedings following £5m money laundering operation through Money Service Bureaux.
- Acted for SOCA legal in civil forfeiture proceedings.Contempt proceedings for breach of Restraint Order.
Publications, Lectures and Training
Chambers UK: leading fraud junior
Legal 500: leading fraud junior
Legal 500: leading junior in Business and Regulatory Crime (including global investigations)
- “Really strong intellectually and the master of her brief.” – Chambers UK 2017
- “She has a very impressive eye for detail.” – Legal 500 2017
- “Her legal analysis is second to none and her attention to detail faultless.” – Legal 500 2017
- “She is incredibly thorough, really hard-working and an all-round excellent lawyer and advocate.” – Chambers UK 2015-2016
- “She takes a sound commercial attitude.” – Legal 500 2015-2016
- “A top choice for both prosecution and defence work.” – Legal 500 2015-2016
- “Sought after by major corporate clients to advise on criminal law issues.” – Chambers UK 2013-2014
- “One of the go-to juniors for heavyweight fraud cases.” – Chambers UK 2013-2014
- “Able to reduce the complex to easily understood propositions of fact or law” – Legal 500 2012-2013
- “An excellent all round junior with an extensive fraud practice.” – Chambers UK 2012-2013
- “An accomplished senior junior..cerebral yet user friendly…great at translating complex facts into digestible plain English.” – Chambers UK 2011-2012
- “Committed to producing work of the highest standard.” – Chambers UK 2010-2011
Speaker at Legal Week’s June 2017 Banking Litigation & Regulation Forum
Fraud: Criminal Law and Procedure (Oxford University Press)
Fraud: Law, Practice and Procedure (Butterworths)