Red Lion Chambers has an exceptional team of advocates who have a comprehensive understanding of road traffic offences.
We are regularly instructed by specialist road traffic solicitors, criminal defence solicitors and commercial law solicitors, who manage the criminal cases of their business clients. Clients who are involved in road traffic accidents can also approach us directly using the Direct Access scheme.
Our barristers regularly appear for the defence before the Magistrates’ Court on appeals to the Crown Court and in Crown Court jury trials. As a result, we can confidently offer individuals and organisations high-level, well-informed advice on the prospects of a successful road traffic defence and the best strategy for preparing for trial.
As an experienced set, we regularly undertake the following types of Road traffic cases:
- driving and attempting to drive with excess alcohol/drugs;
- failing to co-operate with police;
- ailing to provide particulars;
- driving without insurance;
- careless and dangerous driving, including where death or injury results; and
- all other road traffic offences.
Our barristers regularly oversee the following matters in their case work:
Evidence from medical experts and road collision experts;
- Technical challenges to the admissibility of evidence (breath samples, speed cameras, etc.);
- All common law defences, including automatism, insanity, duress, mechanical defects and intoxication;
- “Hip-flask” defence cases;
- Where the defendant had been misled concerning insurance or had no intention of driving;
- Where the defendant was driving in the course of employment including public transport;
- Hearings relating to special reasons and exceptional hardship on sentence;
- Crown Court appeals and applications to suspend disqualification.
For More Information or To Instruct Us
Identifying the right barrister and ensuring their early involvement can be essential in maximising the prospects of a positive outcome. With our expert understanding of the criminal justice system, we can help guide you through the legal process.
We have vast experience in road traffic offences and our clerking team are on hand to discuss your legal options in the strictest confidence.
Our barristers regularly undertake privately funded, direct access and legal aid, work.
To discuss your options and for details of our transparent fees’ structure, please contact our clerking team, led by Chambers Director, Mark Bennett.
- For specific case enquiries, or to hear more about our services, please contact our clerking team.
- If you are a professional client and would like to discuss in-house training and seminar opportunities, please contact Jennifer Ukaegbu.