Red Lion Chambers is ranked as one of the leading criminal sets at the Bar. Since we were founded in the 1940s our members have appeared in many of the major trials of their time.
Our barristers continue to be instructed to defend and prosecute in some of the highest profile cases in the country, including most recently Operation Pottery, a series of trials involving Modern slavery and Fraud, described by the trial judge as, “the longest and the most complex trial of its kind ever conducted in this country, according to all researches by both the Bar and the Court Service…The nature, scope and volume of the evidence in this trial is such that the case has been at the least of the very highest level of complexity…”
At Red Lion Chambers we are accustomed to dealing with complex evidence in a broad range of trials that require expert examination and strategic planning. We have a strong reputation in defending large-scale conspiracy trials and provide top-level expertise and experience in cases that involve serious and organised crime allegations including:
- Drugs trafficking
- Money Laundering
- Human trafficking and exploitation
- Modern Slavery
- Armed Robbery and violent offences
We have a wealth of experience in high-profile criminal trials and provide a robust service to all clients. We work with our instructing solicitors and clients to ensure the best possible case is put forward. Our members pride themselves on their skilled and persuasive advocacy, whether in cross examination or when deploying precise legal arguments.
- Large-scale conspiracy to import and supply Class A and B drugs and to launder the proceeds.
- Trafficking of 35 illegal entrants (that included families with children) treated and disguised as freight cargo.
- Infiltration and covert surveillance of two major organised crime groups involved in the receipt, repressing and onward sale of high quality cocaine.