Georgia is a persuasive advocate who provides exceptional client care.
Georgia is regularly instructed to defend and prosecute. She has experience across a range of offences, including financial and business crime, sexual offences, and violent offences.
Georgia has an impressive academic background having completed a BPTC LLM in Financial Crime, awarded with distinction.
Georgia provides advice and assistance on a pro bono basis to Women Against Rape and the English Collective of Prostitutes, and has been appointed to the Centre for Women’s Justice Legal Reference Panel.
Prior to pupillage, Georgia managed the social enterprise “Trew Era”, founded by Russell Brand. Trew Era is a cafe that re-trains ex-offenders and helps them find employment in the hospitality sector.
Georgia has been appointed to the CPS Grade 2 list, and the CPS Specialist Fraud Division Panel.
Georgia has a specialist knowledge of privilege in the context of corporate fraud; and a knowledge base in MTIC fraud and other cross-border financial crime in the post-Brexit arena. She has been instructed to defend and prosecute complex business crime and economic offences.
Recent Cases include;
- R v A and B (2020) currently instructed by the Serious Fraud Office as junior disclosure counsel in a case involving a fraud on the Ministry of Justice.
- R v A (2020) instructed by the Serious Fraud Office as disclosure review counsel in relation to a high profile fraud investigation.
- R v A (2020) instructed as junior defence disclosure counsel for an accountant accused of cheating the revenue. This was a 3 handed case, with Georgia’s client being the only defendant acquitted after a 5 week trial in Southwark Crown Court.
- Tax Tribunal (2020) instructed by Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP to advise in a multi-million pound appeal to the First Tier Tax Tribunal challenging withheld VAT re-payments under the Kittel principle.
- R v A (2019) Georgia represented the fifth defendant at a PTPH for a 9 handed fraud and money laundering case, concerning Bit Coin transfers and Dark Web “data mining”.
Recent Cases include;
- R v X (2020) currently instructed to defend a client charged with laundering the proceeds of a £150,000 “romance scam” targeting women throughout Europe.
- R v X (2020) client charged with assaulting her neighbour with a metal pole causing concussion. Acquitted after trial.
- R v X 2020 client charged with POCA offence relating to a mobile phone “dipping” ring. Acquitted after trial.
- R v X 2020 defended a 20 year old client charged with assault at Notting Hill Carnival. The complainant gave evidence for the defence and the client was acquitted after trial.
- R v X 2020 client acquitted after trial for 3 charges of assault against her adult son and daughter.
- R v X 2020 defended a homeless man accused of assaulting an emergency worker and obstructing police. Successful half time submissions based on the use of excess force and breaches of PACE Code A.
- R v X 2019 client acquitted of dwelling burglary after the Crown offered no evidence at the PTPH.
- R v X 2019 (youth case) client acquitted of possession of a 30” “zombie knife” following trial.
- R v X 2019 successful appeal for vulnerable client against conviction for driving with excess alcohol.
- R v X 2019 successful bail application for client who had absconded for a year following the first appearance.
- R v X 2019 – Instructed as junior counsel in Judicial Review proceedings relating to sex work offences.
- X v X 2019 – Occupation order and tenancy transfer for client alleging marital abuse including historical rape.
- X v X 2019 – Non-molestation order for young client where the Respondent was facing parallel criminal proceedings for kidnapping the client and her baby.
- X v X 2019 – Prohibited steps order for vulnerable client with three children.
Publications, Lectures & Training
Assisted updating to Archbold (Chapter 20 Sexual Offences).
Georgia assisted Antony Shaw QC with editing the 2020 edition of Montgomery and Omerod on Fraud.
BPTC LLM, City Law School. Distinction.
BPTC, City Law School. Outstanding.
GDL, City Law School. Commendation.
BA Politics, University of London, SOAS. First Class (graduated top of undergraduate class).
Young Fraud Lawyers
Criminal Bar Association
CPS Grade 1 Prosecutor
Edward Van Heyden Scholarship Prize (City Law School, awarded for placing 6th in the year on the BPTC)
Serle Court Equity and Trusts Prize (City Law School)
BPTC Major Scholarship (Inner Temple)
GDL Exhibition Award (Inner Temple)
BPTC and GDL Academic Scholarship (City Law School)
School Prize for Best Undergraduate 2015-2016 (SOAS University of London)